Sunday, March 19, 2023

Ok so like what is my title gonna be

     Hi poops.  Spring Break just ended (unfortunately) and I've come back from all of my trips and its time to get back to work.  I took kind of a break for my TV trip to California (absolute nightmare btw), so it's time to get back to werq.  

    Something that I've been thinking about recently has been: what the h*ll is my title gonna be???  I haven't really put too much thought into it because I always just thought "oh it's ok I have time and it's not that important right now."  But then I realized this project is quite literally due in a Week so maybe I should start thinking about that.  

    Someone in my Media class asked me what my title was, and I didn't have an answer.  This kid was pretty helpful though, and suggested I call it "surreal" or something like that because it relates to the themes of my project.  I thought that it was a cool suggestion, but it was a bit more on the nose than I would like.  But that did kind of help get me started on thinking what else I could name it.  

    I started by literally looking up synonyms for surreal, which I kind of just did as a joke, but it actually gave me some good results.  It gave me words like "avant-garde" and "bizarre", but none of those felt right either.  I eventually did some more research and came across the term "hypnagogic" which I found intriguing.  I found out that the word refers to the transitional state between being awake and falling asleep.  While in a hypnagogic state, one can experience hallucinations, usually visual, due to the abnormal brain activity.  I felt like this was a really cool term and concept that perfectly fit with the plot of my project.  Vincente is constantly in an almost sleep state due to his self destructive behaviors, and also experiences hallucinations due to this.  

    I came to the conclusion that I am definitely going to use this term within my title.  I was thinking of something goofy like "Hypnopompic Hypnagogia" because it has a more fun sound to it and Hypnopompic refers to the transitional state between sleeping and waking up, similar to hypnagogia.  I was also thinking of something longer like "His Undivided Hypnagogic Attention" but I feel like that might be too much of a mouthful and a bit difficult to market to less of a niche audience.  I think I've decided that I am just going to go with "Hypnagogic."

Hypnagogia

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

      And along with the film opening of course comes the Creative Critical Reflection.  I decide to make the first part of my CCR a sort of...