Thursday, March 23, 2023

Fear and Loathing in Adobe Premiere Pro (2023)

     I am pleased to announce that I have begun the editing process!!!  During filming I was kind of scared to get to this stage because, again, I feared that I would realize that this project wasn't going to turn out the way I wanted it to.  But as I've began to edit, my faith in myself is starting to be restored and I'm remembering that I do know how to do this and it's going to be fine.

    I started off by just throwing a random closeup clip of Vincente on the timeline and playing around with effects to see how I could make this opening sequence more visually interesting.  I decided that obviously the raw clip wasn't doing enough for the surrealist tone I'm aiming for, so I threw on a lens distortion effect and turned the curvature all the way to -100 and was awarded with the image to the left.  I actually really like the way the effect looks with the colors and the closeup.  Oh speaking of colors, I took the clip and duplicated it and put on the RGB effect and turned up the greens, and then I threw that clip on top of the original and put it on an adding blend mode.  So now there are slight hints of green which is definitely a very subtle touch, but I love the way it gives the shot more dimension rather than just being flat blue.  So this gives me hope that I can make the other shots look just as cool in sequence (even if it'll only be up there for a split second).
    
    The other thing I started on was implementing the music.  I put down the track that Michael created at the very beginning, but I felt that it went on for too long before the beat drop, and I wanted the beat drop to happen basically immediately for the title graphic I plan to put.  I knew exactly what to do because I've had to do it before, but I just cut out the part that I didn't need and timed the cut with the beat as best as I could, and then I just added a constant power so the cut went a little more unnoticed.   I think it sounds good enough and I can definitely work with it.  

    So until the 29th I'm just going to grind editing.  Hopefully the rest goes smoothly!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

      And along with the film opening of course comes the Creative Critical Reflection.  I decide to make the first part of my CCR a sort of...