Friday, March 3, 2023

Group Meeting?

     Hi blog, the other day in class we met up in random groups with about 5 classmates and we each took turns discussing our project and the progress we've made so far.  At first I was kind of skeptical of this meeting because I thought it wouldn't be that beneficial.  I also thought that people wouldn't really like or understand my idea, so I wasn't very excited going into it.  But then me and my group got to talking and it actually went pretty well!  It was very easy to present my ideas to them and we were all very open to provide feedback for each other and supporting each other's ideas.

    We started out by just kind of talking about where each of us are in our project, and it made me realize how everyone's creative process is so different, and I shouldn't compare my progress to other's just because I work at a different pace.  Some people had already written a whole script but hadn't done much other planning, some people did much more pre-production besides writing, and some people were even already starting to film soon.  It felt good to know that I'm not actually that behind, I just kind of work at a different pace.  As long as I follow the schedule I created for myself, I'll be okay.

    It was enjoyable to hear everyone's ideas for their project.  All of them were so different and reflected who each of these people were in their own "quirky" way.  When someone would present their ideas, they were always open to critique and potential suggestions that they genuinely took note of.  When I explained my idea, I asked the group what they thought I could do to make it more clear to the audience that the character Ammon isn't really real.  They suggested that I do it in more subtle ways like having the character pop up in scenes randomly with no explanation, as to provoke the audience into thinking that something is strange, but they can't figure out just quite what it is.  I really liked this idea and found it very helpful.

    Overall I thought the group meeting was very beneficial and I'm glad I got this opportunity to share ideas with others and potentially help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION

      And along with the film opening of course comes the Creative Critical Reflection.  I decide to make the first part of my CCR a sort of...